Thursday, May 15, 2008

Three Pelicans and a Ship

I just got my Singh Ray "Galen Rowell" graduated neutral density filters so decided to try them out at the beach. Unfortunately I don't have my filter holder yet so I had to hand hold the filters. I didn't get any real keepers with them but the last image shows how they hold back the exposure in the brightest part of the frame.

Three Pelicans and a Ship - One of my favorites from the evening.
Three Pelicans and a Ship

These two looked like they should be in a magazine. On Manhattan Beach Blvd.
CSUDH - SEH-6.jpg

This image was taken using the GND filters. I only put it up so you can see how the filters work. This was simply converted from RAW using Capture One, mild curves adjustment in photoshop and a tiny bit of sharpening. You can see how the filters hold back the light from the top of the frame allowing the detail in the sand to expose properly.
CSUDH - SEH-25.jpg

No comments: